In a private household, a laundry officer is responsible for managing all laundry and ironing tasks. This position demands expert knowledge and extensive experience in the ironing, washing and handling of all fabrics.
A laundry officer is not only expected to manage regular washing and ironing of everyday clothing and linen, but may also be required to clean more exceptional items. This may include hand-washing, using special products, and potentially making minor alterations or repairs to all types of clothing.
- Maintaining an up-to-date garment and linen inventory
- Washing clothing and linen
- Cleaning and ensuring proper storage of seasonal clothing
- Steam ironing
- Folding and putting away washed and ironed items according to strict organisation protocols
- Maintaining cleaning equipment (washing machines, tumble dryers, irons etc.)
- Managing stock and supply operations related to laundry (washing products, equipment etc.)
- Upkeep of clothes and linen, including minor repairs
- Managing subcontractors relating to laundering and upkeep (such as tailors, external dry-cleaning services, equipment repair workers etc.)